Spitfire 1500

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Spitfire 1500
From: anthony315@aol.com
Date: Wed, 01 Dec 93 18:01:50 EST
Hello all, I'm having a warm idle problem with my '77 Spitfire 1500. When
cold it idles okay with the choke on, but when it's warm and I stop at a
stoplight it nearly dies. It idles rough enough that it shakes the car, then
I have to rev it up just to keep it running. However when I pull away from
the light it runs just fine? I pulled into my garage tonite to adjust the
fuel mixture and idle speed (I have a Weber DGV). I got it idleing the best I
could but its still rough. I'm smell strong gas fumes? I adjusted the
ignition timing a few days ago hoping this would fix the problem. It was at
18' BTDC and the decal on the inside of the hood says to set it at 10' BTDC,
so I set it at 10' BTDC. Any ideas??

Thanks Anthony Bailey