Healey, X-country AGAIN!

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Healey, X-country AGAIN!
From: William Hartwell Woodruff <woodruff@engin.umich.edu>
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 1993 16:07:55 -0400

        I got the big Healey substructure back from the 'Werks'
in Chicago.  They did an amazingly nice job on the frame.  Its
one of those deals where every time I look at it, I can't
believe its really MY frame which is going to become MY car.  In
fact, I'm so proud of it that I'd take a picture and put it on
hoosier if I thought I could take the abuse from the rest of
you. (for being such a freak :-) )  I usually only get to see
this sort of stuff in magazines.  To top it all off, it is all
original (except part of a frame rail which was replaced).  This
is the best possible start for my restoration.  By the way, they
had a rear shroud that had never been installed on a car at the
Werks.  I had shroud envy.

        It looks like I'm going to make another famous
X-counrty trip to California.  This time I'm moving some
friends out to San Diego.  The compensation is a sailing
vacation on the S.F. Bay and some skiing in Colorado (all
expenses paid !!!)  It looks like we'll leave shortly after
Christmas.  I'll have an empty trailer going home (unless I can
come up with a nice TR6).  Please keep it in mind if you'd like
to move some stuff around.  By the way, do any of you happen to
know people that live on a boat in the Bay?

woodruff@caen.engin.umich.edu

        The difference between my original Healey frame and the
one I brought back from California is the difference between
Cindy Crawford's telephone number and Cindy Crawford...

roughly translated from P.J. O'Rouke in Esquire.  Jean, Lynn
and TerriAnn, please feel free to substitute Luke Perry (gag!)
for Cindy Crawford in above.