Re: Alpine transmission interchange

To: John_Adams@rand.org (John Adams)
Subject: Re: Alpine transmission interchange
From: tjhiggin@alpine.b17a.ingr.com (T.J. Higgins)
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 93 10:20:15 CDT
> Does anybody know if a series V manual is an easy swap for a series
> IV automatic?

Don't know for sure, so this is just a SWAG.  If the S4 has the 1725cc
(which I think it does, but am not positive), then the S5 manual
should bolt right up.  The only thing you would then have to worry
about is driveshaft length.  I'd suspect that the slushbox is longer
than the manual, meaning your current S4 driveshaft would be too
short.

For the definitive answer, call the folks at Sunbeam Specialties
408-371-1642.
--
T.J. Higgins     | tjhiggin@ingr.com         | (205) 730-7922
Intergraph Corp. | Mapping Sciences Division | Huntsville, AL, USA