advice on lbc insurance in la

To: BRITISH-CARS@AUTOX.TEAM.NET
Subject: advice on lbc insurance in la
From: EUBANK@vaxb.acs.unt.edu
Date: 26 Sep 1993 08:58:30 -0500 (CDT)
Hi,
A good friend of mine from ucla told me last week that she was
really wanting to get another MG after many years of driving
american vanilla. However, when she asked what the MG would
cost her in insurance, she decided quickly that she couldn't
afford it. Seems that, at least according to her source, lbc
insurance in LA is prohibitive to those without very deep
pockets. Does anybody know if this information is correct?
Was she told a long one by some money-hungry insurance agent?
Are there any ways to get around such a hurdle, assuming that
it does indeed exist? I already suggested that she might
register the car somewhere else, but she was pretty cool
towards the idea. Come to think of it, I think her family's
from Italy - not too great for long-distance registration.
(I used to keep our cars registered on my parents' range
and insured as super-cheap "farm vehicles" - probably a first
for an lbc.) Any advice you folks would be appreciated
very much ...
later,
Lynn Eubank