Hi I'm Back

To: BRITISH CARS <british-cars@autox.team.net>
Subject: Hi I'm Back
From: John Ross <73003.1153@CompuServe.COM>
Date: 14 Sep 93 18:22:37 EDT
HI I'm back.

( Caution the following message contains references not suitable
for some die hard British car fans ie. Racing a fine British
automobile. Do to the mention, if only passing of the name of a
legend of the list the following material has been included by
the management if ever so reluctantly. )

     I've finally decided to pay compu@!#! so I could get access
to the INTERNET. Since leaving that one networking co. I've begun
to miss all those neat discussions of Brit. cars.  Well I figured
I should let any one know what's become of Scott Fishers (hey is
he back yet??) "real race car" ('65 EP MGB).  Well since I bought
the car in feb. the rear axle of Scotts car had its RT side
bearing problems fixed and a new not far from stock engine and
trans installed. I've replaced most of the instruments and added
an oil cooler (19 row) and an acusump.  I decided to try the car
out on autocrossing for a while to work out the bugs ie. broken
pinions cracked thermostat housing et all.  The cars wasn't doing
to bad considering its rough state.  After 4 months of fiddling I
decided it was ready to go road racing. Sunday september 25th
became 'D' day or 'R' day if you prefer. Second creek raceway
Denver Colorado was the place.  9 hours of towing later we were
at the track. Nestled between 1 MG Midget 2 AH Sprites and a TR6
(Yes Mark the MG's out numbered the triumphs) the little MGB was
in heaven. Finally race time 7 lapps a broken throttle spring
(good thing these British cars have more than one), 9 more laps
loose front wheel(Hey these lugnut things don't tighten
themselves like my other MG), 12 more laps Hey what's that
scraping noise,.... oil my cars supposed to lose oil.... oops I
guess I do needed that harmonic balancer.  Including the break
downs  we had one HE!!!L of a good time and got to bang fenders
with a lot of fine British mettle.

                    John Ross 73003,1153 @ compuserve.com

The Author wishes to disclaim any reference to any member of this
or any other list be they living dead or otherwise, Therefore any
opinions expressed herein are too herein after be the same as
reference to members of previously referenced list or lists.  Any
confusion resulting from the reading of said text or following
disclaimer is the sole responsibility of the reader and shall
have no bering on the Author. In consideration significant of
monetary gain the preceding disclaimer is here by disclaimed.

                    You're never to old to rock and roll,
                    If you're to young to die.