"Buick" V8

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: "Buick" V8
From: wbrown@csg.lbl.gov (Bill Brown)
Date: Wed, 8 Sep 93 07:30:59 PDT
John_Forrester.wbst147@xerox.com writes:

> The tools were then sold to Rover (the Buick version) and they subsequently
> came out with the Rover 3500. To my knowledge they have since put it into the
> up market Land Rover, the TR-8 and Morgan used it in the +8. I am not aware of
> any other applications.

According to a book I have on the histor of the MG/MGB series, this engine
was also used in the MGB-V8 (or whatever it was called.)  A few were built
and sold in GB, none were imported to teh USA.

Sounds like an interesting project.  Probably a dumb question, but does
anyone make a "conversion kit" for installing (non stock) engineds in MGBs?

Disclaimer:  These opinions are my own and have     |
    nothing to do with the official policy or the   |  -bill
    management of L.B.L, who probably couldn't      |   wlbrown@lbl.gov
    care less about employees who play with trains. |