Re: Rover 3.5 Info.

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Rover 3.5 Info.
From: Andy Ashworth <tcsaca@aie.lreg.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 8 Sep 93 08:46:18 BST
John Forrester writes

>To my knowledge they have since put it into the
>up market Land Rover, the TR-8 and Morgan used it in the +8. I am not aware of
>any other applications.

The venerable block is also to be found in TVRs and the Westfield 7 (another
version of the old Lotus 7) as well as the Range-Rover and the Land Rover
Discovery. I am aware that in some cars this engine has now been bored out to
4.2l i.e. the Range Rover, and fitted with full emission control devices.

On the subject of rallying the Rover 3.5 SD1, a former colleague of mine at
Rover rallied one of these for a couple of seasons until he ran off the road and
wiped out a Renault (zut alors!).

Andy Ashworth
Lloyd's Register                        email:  tcsaca@uk.co.lreg.aie
29, Wellesley Road                      Phone:  +44 (0)81 681 4040 ext 4510
Croydon                                 Fax:    +44 (0)81 681 4839
CR0 2AJ