re: Bowie, TR6 frame rot, bushings

To: paisley@cme.nist.gov
Subject: re: Bowie, TR6 frame rot, bushings
From: whs70@cc.bellcore.com (sohl,william h)
Date: 30 Jun 1993 10:46 EDT
>Paul Gilders writes:
>
> > I think the best part of the show for me was the drive down - 4 TR6's
> > in a row along the highway is kind of fun, especially before the
> > crowds get on the roads. Static displays are ok, but driving these
> > cars really is great and as Scott says, why don't we see all these
> > cars on the roads?
>Bowie
>-----
>Yeah, the ride down was fantastic!  Sometimes the exhaust notes would
>even harmonize.

Great sound isn't it.  Last year I drove back from Savannah, GA (VTR
convention) with a friend.  He had a TR-4A and I in the TR-3.  We
often had the engine rpms syncronizing which results in that lovely
harmoinizing effect.  Kinda reminded me of the WW-II movies where
you'd see a couple of Spitfire fighters on patrol and hear the
same harmonizing effect of the negines.  The effect was really good
going through the Shandoah area because we'd often be in a cut in
the landscape and have the sound echoing off the sides of the cut.

:-)  :-)

Cheers,
Bill