transcendental moment, sightings

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: transcendental moment, sightings
From: timd@ptltd.com (Tim Dziechowski)
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 93 17:11:37 EDT
After a bit of a dry spell, which I took advantage of to swap in the
new engine and get it somewhat sorted out, I'm working two contract jobs,
so swork time is at a minimum these days.

I was pulling out of the parking lot on Friday afternoon heading for Job 2,
when It Happened...

...I peeled rubber...

...in a Midget?...

I had no idea such a thing was possible!

Couple of blocks later, I was waiting to hang a turn when out of the corner
of my ear I hear someone shout 'Tim'.  Look across the street, and there's
fellow SOL'er Jon Moore and his blue Midget, parked next to a nicely painted
red Midget which I'd never seen before.  I hung a U turn against traffic to
check this out, and It Happened again (hmmmm...I could get to like this).

I'm wicked jealous of Jon's engine compartment (he took second in class at
MG day at Lars Anderson Museum of Transport this year), and will be until
I scrounge the time and ambition to pretty up mine.

Anyway turns out the red Midget belongs to a guy who restored it and wants
to sell it, and was asking Jon for advice on what to price it at.

That was more LBCs than I'd seen together at one time in awhile (I average
one sighting a _week_ on my New Hampshire to Boston commute), and the
really amazing thing is that there were three adjacent empty parking spaces
on busy Mass Ave for them to line up in.

After some LBC chat I head off (scREEch) to Job 2 (I could _really_ get
to like this...).

timd@ptltd.com  (Tim Dziechowski - Phoenix Technologies - Cambridge, Mass)
'Oh, _that's_ why they call them rubber bumper Midgets.'