Re: Care and feeding of '64 Jag 3.8S

To: drabik@solaris.gatech.edu
Subject: Re: Care and feeding of '64 Jag 3.8S
From: mburdick@unmc.edu (Mike Burdick)
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 93 17:17:41 CDT
Tim says:

   > My wife and I recently acquired a '64 Jag. 3.8S (Yay!) in excellent
   > unrestored condition.  It has ~79k miles on it, and behaves pretty

I'm jealous.

   > well.  It has the 3-speed automatic.  I would be grateful for any

I'm still jealous :)

   > Question 3:  Horn does not work.  Is there a canonical place to check,
   >              or is the whole harness suspect?

Every horn problem I've ever seen has been either in the steering column
ground or in the contacts at the steering wheel.  If both of these check
out, you may have a bad relay.  Once I had a horn that wouldn't work
because a wasp had sealed it closed with mud!  If the car has been sitting,
that's always a possibility.

Have fun with the car.

Mike
mburdick@unmc.edu