Spridgets for sale in San Jose, Ca.

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Spridgets for sale in San Jose, Ca.
From: "Daren Stone, D2 Mfg. Engr. C5/6, 5-9521" <DSTONE@SC9.intel.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 93 07:38:41 PDT
     Okay, I went and looked at my friend's Spridgets for
     sale last night, and here's a brief write up;

     1962 MG Midget- Very complete, body has been stripped
     to bare metal (including inside cockpit), has been
     reworked, and is very straight. Still needs to be
     re-primed & blocked before jamming & painting. All the
     seams in the cockpit have been re-welded & caulked
     before priming. All cockpit trim is polished.
     Slight rear quarter panel rust cut out & new metal
     welded in. All body panels are Midget (chrome trim),
     and straight. Currently the front fenders are off, &
     all the interior is out. Rebuilt 1275 w/1200 miles, new
     Pirelli P4s, on stripped & repainted round hole wheels
     w/cherry MG hubcaps, rebuilt brakes (drums all around),
     new carpet kit, top, valence trim. The transmission is
     noisy but all gears work, and he has another trans as
     well. He is asking $2200 for this car and all
     associated parts, excepting the new trans. I'd scoop
     this in a second if I could justify car # 6 ;-)

     1960 Bugeye + 1972 Midget parts car - The Bugeye is all
     complete & needs a total restoration. The 948 is frozen
     solid, the gauges are bashed in, there is slight rust
     in the driver's side door pillar but none in the floor
     boards. The is the usual rear-end damage, as if someone
     dropped a load of bowling balls right around the filler
     neck, but is fixable. The bonnet has a good-sized ding
     in the chin, and the usual stress cracks at the top of
     the wheel arches, but no rust. Also included are two
     sets of top bows, two Bugeye gas tanks, and two front
     bumpers.
     1972 Midget parts car- 93k mile car in good overall
     condition. 1275 out of car but runs well, rebuilt and
     polished carbs. This has the goodies you might want for
     the Bugeye; disc brakes, & 1275, and so my friend wants
     to sell them as a unit, and he's asking $1600. In my
     opinion, this is an excellent complete restoration
     project for the money.

     These cars are located in San Jose, Ca. and I can
     arrange transport in the greater Bay Area if necessary.
     These cars will not be parted out, so please don't ask,
     and all financial arrangements are between you and the
     seller, excepting that my "commission" is the
     differential out of the '72, if that sells ;-). In all
     fairness to the people that inquired about the Bugeye,
     please reply to me directly (one way or the other) and
     I'll let you know where you're at in the hierarchy of
     interest.

          cheers-
                 dstone@sc9.intel.com