Greetings

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Greetings
From: Michael_Swatek.El_Segundo@xerox.com
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 1993 12:14:04 PDT
Hi,

My name is Mick, and I like old British Cars.

  [altogether:  "Hi, Mick"]

Ever since I got class, I've wanted a TR6.  This last Saturday after so many
years, I took possession of a '72 red beauty.  Okay, so it's been repainted,
and it's not quite a Triumph color -- but everything else is pretty genuine.
And to satisfy those concerned about such things; yes, I did fix something
before I drove it (one of the bonnet stays jumped out of its nut and needed to
be put back) ;} .  Other than that it runs and looks like a champ and I'm very
happy.  People are nice to me on the road -- even a Harley guy gave me a hang
loose sign!

I'm sure I'll be using the collective technical expertise on this list in the
years to come, but for now, the car is quite road worthy, and all I have to
worry about is jumping through the hoops of auto registration and insurance and
wondering about where I want to go next weekend.  But there are some questions
you can probably help me with:

o  88 octane leaded, or 92 unleaded -- which to use?
o  If your choice is between parking on the street and handing over the keys to
a valet who you know can't drive a '6 with the respect it deserves, what do you
do --  go back home?
o  Is getting an alarm system installed considered really bad form?  I'm
figuring as long as it's got a BMW color, I might as well ease my anxiety a
little when leaving it unattended.

I like Miatas, but I went for the '6.

thanks,

Mick