GT6 suspension, restoration progress

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: GT6 suspension, restoration progress
From: William Hartwell Woodruff <woodruff@engin.umich.edu>
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 93 12:10:25 -0400
        I haven't done much on the Healey or the spit/GT6 since my trip
out to california.  Seems my girlfriend figured out that money and
restoration are synonyms.  Anytime I even walk near the garage, I get the
harsh reminder that I am broke from her.  She says I'll appreciate it when I
can pay my taxes in September.  I doubt this.  Anyway, I have managed to sneak
out, sandblast, and repaint some parts.  While the Healey awaits another
offering of cash, I'm going to finish the GT6/Spit project (yea right!).

        When I pulled the rear suspension apart (of the GT6), I found the
bushings and bolt which hold the vertical link/ bearing house to the lower
control arm to be completely trashed and rusted together on both sides.
These parts are availible from suppliers, but if you have to replace
everything (like me) it costs about 190.00 bucks!  The worst offenders
are the four little distance tubes which run 19 dollars each.  So, would
anybody be willing to sell me that hardware off a parts car?  I could
also use a set of front springs.

woodruff@caen.engin.umich.edu