Copper Pipe for Heater Hose

To: "British Cars" <british-cars@autox.team.net>
Subject: Copper Pipe for Heater Hose
From: "Rob Reilly" <rob_reilly@admail.fnal.gov>
Date: 15 Jun 1993 12:02:03 U
                       Subject:                               Time:11:44 AM
  OFFICE MEMO          Copper Pipe for Heater Hose and_       Date:6/15/93
Responding to Larry Pieniazek on "Heater Valve to Core hose for Series II E
type, Exhaust manifolds"

On my '74 XJ12, which sprung a leak on a weekend with no chance of getting a
correct hose, I made heater connector pipes from hardware store copper pipe and
90 deg. elbows, with a short straight hose at each end.
 >>4.2 L series II exhaust manifolds have some broken studs already on the pipe
attachment points
  Maybe you can extract these broken studs or get a good machinist to do it. I
did on my XJ12 and my XK120. New studs are available from the dealers. Use
brass or stainless nuts and Anti-Seize. It works for me.
  The license plate on my work beater Volvo is "XJ12". Guess what used to be my
year-round car.
  Rob (this is my first post and I hope it works) Reilly
'50 Jaguar Mark 5, '51 XK120, '74 XJ12L