Chicago Spitfire for sale (re-post)

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Chicago Spitfire for sale (re-post)
From: kristian@cs.uchicago.edu
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 93 21:36:05 CDT

Dear SOLers -

        I am still interested in selling the Spitfire, as I am going to
S.F. this Summer and then Europe in the fall.

        It is a 1979 Spitfire Blue 1500 and it is in quite good condition.
I am asking $2500 (I would be willing to negotiate if it goes to an
enthusiast).  It is a fun, sharp car and a healthy, strong runner.  It comes
with 3 tops: a new soft top, factory steel hard top and a tonneau.

        As with all LBCs there are a few known problems.  Nothing
terribly major or keeping it off the road, i.e. the diff throws
a little bit of oil (never been a problem though), the synchros
in first, second are worn.  Otherwise it is a great car!

        I am leaving Chicago in a week and need to do something with
it.  If I don't sell it it may come with me to Euorope, who knows?! ;)

        If I do bring it to Europe, i.e. Sweden, does anyone know about
the market there for British convertibles?  I know they are really
popular in Germany and fetch far higher prices than they do here.  What
about import regulations, etc?

Kristian Simsarian
(312) 363-0190