Dayton to Myrtle update

To: british-cars@autox.team.net, DODD@ETD2.EL.WPAFB.AF.MIL
Subject: Dayton to Myrtle update
From: bobj@meaddata.com (Robert Jones)
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 93 10:00:47 EDT
Well, preparations for my trip to Myrtle Beach in my MGB continue.  It
seems the biggest thing I've had to do is think of comebacks for
the faithless heathens who don't seem to think we will make it down
there and back.  I've been hearing, "So, you're really going to do it"
an awful lot in the last couple days.

Anyway, things are going smoothly.  I've gotten my luggage rack
mounted.  I've flushed and filled the radiator, (I used Redline
Watter-wetter, which seems to help a bit) and replaced the hoses with
the proper kind instead of just using flex hoses.  I've derusted and
repainted a wheel to replace one that is bent (gotta get the tire
mounted today).  The car is running fine, although I need to adjust
the idle speed.  It was having a problem coming off idle, especially
when cold, but as usual the solution was in some old mail I'd saved
off the list.  I opened the points gap a thousandth of an inch and it
made all the difference.

Now all I have left is to fix the rear window on my top (it's a zip
out, but the zipper has come loose) and check all the fluids and lube
the chassis.  In an amazing piece of good luck one of my roommates has
a Nissan 240SX, which has the same bolt pattern as my MG.  Since he is
in Boston for the summer and his car is here in Dayton he is going to
let me borrow his mini-spare.  I'll check it out to make sure it fits
okay (I'm mostly worried about ground clearance).

Everything is looking good, so if someone can do me a favor and make
sure the weather is good this Saturday, I'd really appreciate it :-)

Bob Jones
bobj@meaddata.com