Car forsale

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Car forsale
From: paulg@cme.nist.gov (Paul Gilders)
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 93 09:47:39 EDT
Hi folks,

        Well Scotty, Dean and myself were sitting down, sipping
suitable beverages last night (we'd already completed the mechanical
work), when the local rag made an appearance. I immediately checked
out the relevant section - after all, I bought my TR6 through these
valuable pages. There was one vehicle of "interest":

1977 TRIUMPH SPITFIRE CONVERTIBLE:
Show car! Restored to original
British factory specifications!
$20,000. MUST SEE/MUST DRIVE!
Call (301) 299-7997 or
(301) 984-7452

Well ok, you could get a near-perfect E-type for this sort of money,
but hell, this is a show car. Anyway, as stated above, we have no
option but to see and drive (and laugh).

Also, I received my replacement softop for my TR6 yesterday. I sent my
Robbins top back after I was concerned about its fit around the rear
of the side window (my current top is also a Robbins and has a 1 inch
gap here). Anyway, my new Amco top is a considerable improvement and I
think it's of better quality overall. This is a surprise to me since
the Amco tops are easier to install, cheaper, and even TRF state that
the Robbins are the "best softops on the world market". My personal
recommendation for anybody wanting to replace their TR6 softop is to
get an Amco one. I'll have mine on as soon as I get my hands on a
pop-rivetter.

Cheers,

        Paul.