Installing a weber downdraft on a spitfire

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Installing a weber downdraft on a spitfire
From: maw2%attu@gte.com (Michael Weintraub)
Date: Wed, 9 Jun 93 08:49:59 EDT
Hello.  I'm new to this group and new to owning a SBC.  I've got an
'80 Triumph Spitfire and I'm replacing the old Stromberg carb with a
shiny new weber.  I have a couple of questions and hope that someone
out there knows the answer.

First, it seems that the weber has a manual choke and the old carb has
a water choke.  Is there a standard conversion or should I just tie
the two water hoses together (in some way) and run a choke line into
the cabin?

Second, the car is fitted for CA emissions but the carb is not.  There
is an evaporative loss system (a couple of canisters in the right from
of the engine compartment) with hoses galore.  Am I right in thinking
that I can just tie those off without worrying more about them?

Thanks in advance.

        Mike