ruster convers inside gas tanks?

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: ruster convers inside gas tanks?
From: Roland Dudley <cobra@cdc.hp.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Jun 93 10:19:40 pdt
I received quite a few responses to my gas tank postings expressing
sympathy and, in many cases, passing along some good suggestions.  I
think I will use a sealer inside the tank.  Various brands have been
mentioned, and all worked pretty well apparently.  At least I haven't
received any negative comments so far.  A couple of responders mentioned
that they had successfully sealed tanks with interior rust.  Since my
tank has interior rust that I'll have to live with I was thinking about
pouring in some rust converter before sealing.  Has anyone tried this.
I'm wondering how well tank sealers stick to the compound the rust is
converted to.  Would the tank etch used prior to sealing eat this
coating off?

My plan is to use the sealer advertised in the Moss catalog, mainly
because it's on sale at the moment (well, it's a dollar off) and because
I have another item costing about $3 I've been holding off getting
because of the smallness of the order.

Roland Dudley
cobra@hpcdcsn.cdc.hp.com