Wheel bearings in '77 Midget 1500

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Wheel bearings in '77 Midget 1500
From: jcl7452@ucs.usl.edu
Date: Sun, 6 Jun 1993 22:31:58 -0500
My mechanic says that my wheels use ball bearings and not roller
bearings.  It appears that some of the catalogs I've looked in
(Victoria British & Special Interest Car Parts) all appear to
have sealed type roller bearings.  As you can tell, I'm not wise
regarding the inner details of my car.  Can someone clarify this
for me?  I am under the impression that the bearings currently in
my front end are ball bearing type, similar in nature to those
in a bicycle (not encased or sealed).  Any help on what (and where)
I need to get would be appreciated.

Jim Lynch
1977 Midget, rebuilt engine, weber carb - Runs good!! (need a new top)

   | Jim Lynch                                        jcl7452@ucs.usl.edu |
   | U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service                                       |
   | National Wetlands Research Center                                    |
   | Lafayette, Louisiana 70506                                           |