Clutch M/C and slave rebuilds

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Clutch M/C and slave rebuilds
From: Dean_Zywicki%NIHDCRT.BITNET@CU.NIH.GOV
Date: Fri, 04 Jun 93 11:40:20 EDT
|Date: 6-4-93  11:35am
|From: Dean Zywicki:dcrt:nih
|  To: {british-cars@autox.team.net}:BITNET
|Subj: Clutch M/C and slave rebuilds
   The other day, my clutch slave cylinder died on my midget.  About a
month ago, my MC died and the bore looked real good, so I tried a
rebuild kit and everything was fine.  I new I should have done the slave
at the save time, but I was lazy and paid for for it.  Luckily, I was
only a few blocks from my house with only one stop sign on the way.
    I called around for new master and slave cylinders.  $127 for the
master and $87 fro the slave.  I'll take the slave rebuild kit for now,
I said.  The bore looked pretty good, so I went ahead with the rebuild.
Everything has been fine for a few days now, but I was wondering about
others experiences.  How long to rebuilds typically last?  I suppose I
should figure new cylinders into my budget sometime soon, but >$200
seems like a lot for these cylinders.

   Thanks,
       Dean