Classic Insurance

To: Sons of Lucas <British-cars@autox.team.net>
Subject: Classic Insurance
From: <RGS03%ALBNYDH2.bitnet@UACSC2.ALBANY.EDU>
Date: Fri, 4 Jun 93 10:17:41 EDT

Nationwide Insurance offers Stated Value policies for cars 10 years
and older. The policy is similar to those available from J.C. Taylor
(Zurich International), Classic and other antique auto insurers.
The difference is that most companies have a 20 year age limit.
Nationwide's limit is 10 years. Other major insurers may also offer
similar policies. Metropolitan and Prudential I believe are two, but
I could be wrong. Check with an independent agent and don't let him
 tell you that such policies do not exist. They do. We have one on
Vicki's '77 Spit. These policies are not cheap but they are usually
a bit less than normal policies, plus you get collision and comprehensive
coverage that would be unavailable or severly limited on an older car.
Adirondack Triumph Association's Insurance Consultant is Beverly Kerr.
If anyone wishes to ask her any questions, contact me off-net. She is
licensed in New York State but has contacts throughout the country.

Good Luck.
Rik Schlierer