tyres

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: tyres
From: Dave Ingles <davei@cent1.lancs.ac.uk>
Date: Thu, 3 Jun 1993 10:34:35 +0100 (BST)
Can anyone give me the run-down on tyres ?

I have a Mini 1275GT which has 12" * 4.5" rims. As standard they were
fitted with 145/70 * 12" tyres. I notice though one of my rims has a
155/70 * 12" tyre on it.

What I would like to know is what is the maximum (safe) width of tyre
that I can put on my 12" * 4.5" rims ?

Also, I noticed that there is very little clearance (approx 10mm) with
the wheel which has a 155/70 * 12" tyre on it, so pressumably I would
require a lower profile tyre if I were to fit a 165 tyre on it. I have
only seen 165/70 * 12" tyres advertised in magazines though. Are 165/60
available ? Are they very expensive etc ?

Davei

--
                                      ```
                                     (o o)