Triumph Experience

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Triumph Experience
From: GNH.Wbst207V@xerox.com
Date: Tue, 1 Jun 1993 12:13:15 PDT
Had a nice Triumph experience Sunday night.  A neighbor informed me
I was getting a parking ticket, so I walked out to the street to see the
cruiser with its spotlight on my TR4A and the officer looking at the
windshield.  Damn!  As cheerfully as possible, I said maybe I was too
close to the fire hydrant?  Officer said, Oh no, he was just admiring
my car!  Seems he had one 20 years ago and was reminiscing.  We
chatted at length about Triumphs and I showed him the two MGA's
and the TC.  Sold him two tickets to our upcoming Auto Festival (June
6 at Victor School grounds, outside Rochester, NY).  He wants another
TR4A pretty badly and seemed to have the price for one.  His old car
was light blue with dark blue leather, wire wheels, IRS and overdrive.
I rather like the idea of having an officer of the law in a lbc; I said I'd
ask around.  Does anyone know of a fairly decent example for sale?
I'll pass along any possibilities, including the `63 TR4 Mark Grieshaber
picked out of the St. Louis paper.  Thanks for any help!
George Haynes