RE: I love u-joints

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: I love u-joints
From: DEHAASM@NAPC-1.NAVY.MIL
Date: Tue 1 Jun 93 14:42:22-EDT
Paul......about that leaking TR-6 brake fluid resevoir it probably
doesn't need to be replaced.  The same problem appeared on my TR-6
after I rebuilt the master cylinder.  What happens is that the small
vent hole in the top of the reservoir gets clogged or the air passage
under the reservoir cap gets blocked by that big rubber gasket.
If the vent is blocked vapor pressure which developes from the warm
engine heating the brake fuild forces the fluid out past the gasket on
the bottom between the reservoir and the master cylinder I'd check the
vent first before ordering any parts.

Mark deHaas
dehaasm@napc-1.navy.mil