UK Parts Sources?

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: UK Parts Sources?
From: Dan Parslow <DJP@ALPHA.SUNQUEST.COM>
Date: Sun, 30 May 1993 14:09:21 -0700 (MST)
I'm planning my itinerary for a trip to LBC-land in a couple
of months, and I'd like to help Britain with its balance
of trade by buying some Spit bits while I'm there.

Can any subscribers east of the lake direct me to a good wrecking
yard or other parts place where I can hope to find UK-spec Spit
bits?  I'm looking for a pair of matched SUs and the intake
manifold to go with them.  I want a car that can _breathe_.

[I think I can get away with this mod, the emissions inspectors
here are wonderfully ignorant and untrained!  They couldn't
figure out how to open the bonnet last time, and when I opened it
for them they failed utterly to even recognize the Zenith as
a carburettor.  They masked their ignorance by just marking the
form "pass" in wordless befuddlement :D ]

In terms of Geography, I'll be loafing around Edinburgh for a
while, then wander south and west for a few weeks so really the
only area in England that will be out of my way will be the east
and southeast.   So nothing in Kent or Sussex, for example.  On
the other hand, Wales is probably out, too.  Any suggestions will
be gratefully received.

I'll try to visit the new BMHC, so if no one's issued a trip
report on the place I'd be happy to post one.

- Dan