MGB Rear Axle Torque Setting

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: MGB Rear Axle Torque Setting
From: KMWHEELER@ualr.edu
Date: Sat, 29 May 1993 16:51:09 -0500 (CDT)
Help!

Among other things (like a good dose of sanity), I need the torque setting
for the input pinion flange nut for a tube-type (later) MGB rear axle.
This setting is not in the Haynes manual.  (has the torque for the earlier
one 135-145 ft-lbs).  I've asked around locally and all I've got is the
earlier figure.  Unless this one was loose, I don't think it was over 100.

This is on the steel wheel rear end I'm putting under my race car.  The input
flange was damaged, and TRF sells them for
flange was damaged, and TRF sells them for about seven bucks.

"One the street in this dream I'm driving,
 so fast, somewhere, I'm driving.
 Every day, and every night"  -- Yello, The Race, from "Flag"

Keith