Re: lower arms wanted and anti roll bar speculation [D [D [D [D [D [D

To: xgg2356@dcmdc.dla.mil (James Fuerstenberg)
Subject: Re: lower arms wanted and anti roll bar speculation [D [D [D [D [D [D
From: HERTZBERG JEAN R <hertzber@spot.Colorado.EDU>
Date: Fri, 28 May 93 14:13:25 MDT
(forwarding comment)
--------------------------
Forwarded for Jean H.

Jim
--------------------------
(original message follows)

Here in Boulder snow can happen anytime from October to June, rather
unpredictably. I am not about to give up my B (which is not exactly
cosmetically pristine anyhow) as my daily driver. What I have found is
that the combination of the sandbag and studded rear snow tires allows
me to get home up the mountain every snowy night, when my neighbors
all have to drive Sport Utility Vehicles or econobox front wheel drives.
(both of which tend to handle worse than my B even with the sand). The
studded tires alone don't help that much.

The sandbag does not move around in the trunk, but it does promote
some boating action. So, O Combined Net Wisdom, do you think adding
a rear and a heavier front antisway bar will help the handling on my
deliciously curvatious commute, or not? So far, the responses are mixed.

-Jean H