Hi folks, I'm back

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Hi folks, I'm back
From: Dennis <IEDXW@asuvm.inre.asu.edu>
Date: Fri, 28 May 1993 12:19:51 -0700 (MST)
Hi Brit car people,
    Hopefully I'll be back on the net as soon as mjb does his thing.  My
Midget is running fine.  I bought a used 1500 Spit motor and tranny with
overdrive for just $200 and they both have only 40 000 miles on them as
the car was in a fire and just left to stand.  So I've torn down the motor
and am getting ready to spend a horrible amount of $$ getting it machined
and for parts so it will hopefully hurtle the Midget up to warp 9 faster
than a Scottsman bends over to pick up half'a crown.  And I will fit the
OD tranny.  And all the suspension will be uprated, either nylatron bushes
or urethane bushes, tubes shocks, "thick" anti-roll, rebuilt kink-pins etc.

   I've realised, through sweat, $$, and research, that you MUST get the
combination of performance parts right.  So I'm still searching for a machine
shop who can modify the head and have a cam matched to those mods.

   A tip:  I remeber many months ago someone trying to get the crank pully
retaining nut off.  With my "new" 1500 engine I tried for 5 days with
WD 40, heat, and I broke several tools (eg my torque wrench), trying to the
thing off.  NO JOY.  Then the guy over the road said to bring the motor
over, I did, and he used the impact driver (powered by air) and the nut was
off in about 1 second!!

Anyway, hope you are all well.
Cheers dennis (now in Az)