MGB front Suspension and sway-bars

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: MGB front Suspension and sway-bars
From: KMWHEELER@ualr.edu
Date: Fri, 28 May 1993 14:07:16 -0500 (CDT)
Okay, I'll bite on the MGB chatter...

It's time to rebuild my 1976 B's front end.  It starting to get a little
loose.  I am planning on replacing the following:

   tie rod ends
   steering rack gaiters
   kingpins (front-end rebuild kit)
   V8 a-arm bushes
   front and rear shocks
   rear rebound straps (oops, wrong end:)
   front wheel bearings
   and while I'm at it, rotors, pads, and shoes...

The 1975 and 1976 MGB have *no* sway bars. (earlier had only front, later
had front and rear?)  I was considering a Ron Hopkinson kit (front and rear
bars), but the discussion has me questioning that.  This car is my daily
transport, and is occasionally driven fairly hard, and maybe the rare autox.

I don't want to do anything radical (spring changes, etc.).

I'm open to suggestions,

Keith