Stromberg carb parts

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Stromberg carb parts
From: "Larry Pieniazek (t/l 443-0117)" <lar@vnet.IBM.COM>
Date: Fri, 21 May 93 15:41:26 EDT
Does anyone have a Stromberg Zenith 175 cd-2 they'd like to sell (or
part out??) I need the top part. I'm not too good with the terms but
the plastic capped part that you screw in to the very top that has a 2"(?)
rod with a brass cylinder on it (this cylinder goes inside of a tube
coming out of the needle assembly) seems to be all bent up.

When I tried to start my E last nite there was raw gas coming out
of the feed from the air cleaner to the carb air intake point and
I think this might be why. (Needle not working correctly because
this thing that you screw in is not holding the brass cylinder
inside the tube in the right place??)

The E has dual carbs, can I get away with just temporarily disconnecting
the fuel feed to this carb? I need to be able to move the car around
(just a little bit, honest.)

If no one has one, a suggested source of parts would be great. We just
moved to FL... I think the movers did this to my car somehow but for the
life of me I can't figure out how this could have happened. Vandals??

I'm going to call XK's unlimited and Vicky Brit as soon as I find
my catalogs....
                                     -Lar