Re: Monocoques in Tulsa

To: british-cars@hoosier, jeb@mtqua.att.com
Subject: Re: Monocoques in Tulsa
From: rlindsay@amoco.com (Richard O. Lindsay)
Date: Thu, 20 May 93 11:03:06 CDT
Jim writes:

>>Hey, while we're talking about weird things and self abuse,
>>I have a '76 Jaguar XJS in about 15,000 pieces.  Any takers?
>>Good deals can be found here in Tulsa...
>>
>>Rick
>
>Maybe if you got all these parts together in a big pile, you
>could enlist Oral Roberts' help.  He could lay his powerful
>right hand on the engine block, and the rest of the car would
>assemble itself around it.  Just send in a few bucks as a
>seed faith gift . . .
>
>Jim Beckman   att!mtqua!jeb    Middletown, NJ

We shouldn't tease about Oral (but I love it).  Some people
take this BULL S#IT seriously.  Besides, he's making some
BIG money!

If all of Oral's seed gifts sprout (germinate is a much too
suggestive word to use here in the Bible belt), we could have
miracles all over the place - LBC's that don't leak oil, Lucas
electrics that operate in binary mode (unlike the usual
tri-state system of off, on & flicker), Stromberg carbs with
thermal chokes that work and paint that doesn't craze into
300 million polygons!

Glory be...

Rick

     Richard O. Lindsay        /     __  __      __  __
  Senior Research Scientist   /   / /_/ /_  / / /_/ /_/
  Amoco Production Research  /   / / / /_/ /_/ / / / \
                            / /_/
                           /
My opinions are my own, until they're worth something, at
which point they become the property of my employer...