Triumph Stag? For Sale?

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Triumph Stag? For Sale?
From: "Andrew C. Green" <dlogics!hermes.dlogics.com!acg@uu.psi.com>
Date: Thu, 20 May 1993 09:41:32 CDT
I feel a certain obligation to point out unusual sightings sometimes...
Not to report every clapped-out-Midget-with-a-sign-in-the-window-out-
on-the-front-lawn spotting, but the more esoteric varieties, in case
someone out there wants one. Therefore:

On my way to work this morning I was detouring to the National Pride
Car Wash and found myself at a stoplight by an Amoco station. The owner
of said station obviously makes a little on the side by refurbishing
unusual cars and selling them in his forecourt. I was idly wondering
why anyone would want a Fiat 124 when I noticed what looked like a Stag
parked next to it. Before the light turned I was able to determine that
(1) I _think_ it's a Stag, (2) it was very white, (3) it had what appeared
to be a removable hardtop, and (4) it had that certain undefinable "very
straight" look to its trim: you know, when you decide to eyeball your grille
and bumper, fiddle with them for an hour or two, move them just 1/2", but
suddenly they look "right" for the first time in years. That sort of look.
The engine is probably junk. ;-)

Anyway, if anyone's interested, drop me a line and I'll be happy to go
back and get you some more details. It's northwest suburban Chicago area.

Andrew C. Green
Datalogics, Inc.      Internet: acg@hermes.dlogics.com
441 W. Huron          UUCP: ..!uunet!dlogics!acg
Chicago, IL  60610    FAX: (312) 266-4473