Re: Anti- or Pro-dive !?

To: drabik@solaris.gatech.edu
Subject: Re: Anti- or Pro-dive !?
From: megatest!bldg2fs1!sfisher@uu2.psi.com (Scott Fisher)
Date: Tue, 18 May 93 10:45:03 PDT
Read Carroll Smith's Tune to Win before you take torch to metal.  I
haven't really been studying the anti-dive chapters (I've been paying
more attention to aerodynamics), but I seem to remember that SMith's
book shows that the way you calculate anti-dive is to plot the lines
between the suspension mounts as you have, then to see where they cross
the vertical line between the CG and the ground.  The percentage of
the line that's above the intersection point is the percentage of
anti-dive.  Ditto at rear for anti-squat.

RTFB before you take my word for it (and no doubt Phil Ethier will have
a fourteen-screen message with 27 8 x 10 color glossies with arrows and
lines and numbers on the back), but It Seems To Me that you'd want about
as much anti-dive and anti-squat on a Spitfire as you could get, short of
mounting rub blocks under the front crossmember.  I've seen camber jacking,
and it isn't pretty.

--Scott