Re: British Cars Digest #820 Fri May 14 01:15:01 MDT 1993

To: lar@vnet.IBM.COM
Subject: Re: British Cars Digest #820 Fri May 14 01:15:01 MDT 1993
From: Roland Dudley <cobra@cdc.hp.com>
Date: Fri, 14 May 93 11:01:40 pdt
> Date: Fri, 14 May 93 08:18:02 EDT
> From: lar@vnet.IBM.COM
> To: british-cars@autox.team.net
> Subject: British Cars Digest #820 Fri May 14 01:15:01 MDT 1993
>

> Can anyone suggest replacement tyres for a 70 E-Type? Currently has
> Michelin red-stripers but have heard those are no longer made by
> Michelin, and that someone else bought the molds... selling for
> 200ish per tyre (ouch!)
>
> The 15 inch wheels and tall aspect ratio make it hard to find tyres,
> most makers don't have much in that size range.

You probably have more of selection than you realize.  I'd recommend
buying a modern 70 series tires and having them stripped if that's what
you want.  There are a number of places that will do this for you.
British Wire Wheel, for one.

I've seen a couple of reference in the A.C.  Owners Club newsletter
about an arrangement the club is working out with Michelin to make
"period" tires for members.  A.C.s had about the same size wheels I
believe (15" X 5 or perhaps 5 1/2 rims).  Of course, I suspect these
tires will be pricey.

Personally, I think the later E-Types don't look that bad with lower
profile tires on them.

Roland