TR4A carbs

To: british-cars@hoosier
Subject: TR4A carbs
From: "James A. TenCate" <jtc@ccwf.cc.utexas.edu>
Date: Fri, 14 May 1993 09:52:23 -0500
Thanks to all who posted info on my question about TR4A carbs.  Turns out
they were SU's after all.  After working for years with Z-S carbs,
I was truly *amazed* at the lovely simplicity of the SU's.  Anyway,
I got Roger's su-tune.tek from the server and found out all I needed
to know about these carbs.  I also cheated:  with the colortune plug,
you can tell almost immediately whether you're rich or lean.  Turns
out that Frank's TR4A was quite rich.  The airflow was off quite a bit
too (as was the timing...).  It needs a little more work I guess.
Really nice car too (except for a lousy paintjob).

Thanks again,
jim