Rileys, bad vendors

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Rileys, bad vendors
From: Jody Levine <jlevine@rd.hydro.on.ca>
Date: Thu, 13 May 1993 11:08:25 -0400
Unpleasant stuff: If you are not satisfied with a vendor that advertised in
Hemmings, write to Hemmings and they'll try not to run their ads anymore.

Pleasant stuff: Take a deep breath... my fiancee's brother-in-law, Gordon,
has several classics including a Model A Ford and a Volvo 444 that he imported
from the Netherlands (there are very few in Canada). His father lives in
British Columbia and remembers drooling over a brand new Riley back in 1948
(I think) at a dealership. The same car is now for sale on Vancouver Island,
and Gordon's dad is trying to get him to buy it. His father would like the
car, but can't be bothered to restore and maintain it. He sent pictures
of the car and copies of the Riley club (UK) newsletter, but Gordon doesn't
want another project. Since it doesn't look like either of these two are going
to buy it, I can get the details for anyone who's interested. From what I
remember, the car's body appears to be in reasonable shape, but I don't think
that anyone's run it in a long time.

Jody

jplevine@rd.hydro.on.ca - Toronto, Ontario, Canada - 80 TR7 convertible