Re: Re: vendor alert

To: dlogics!hermes.dlogics.com!acg@uu.psi.com
Subject: Re: Re: vendor alert
From: Roland Dudley <cobra@cdc.hp.com>
Date: Wed, 12 May 93 15:40:59 pdt
> Date: Wed, 12 May 1993 15:42:02 CDT
> From: "Andrew C. Green" <dlogics!hermes.dlogics.com!acg@uu.psi.com>
> To: british-cars@autox.team.net
> Cc: acg@hermes.dlogics.com
> Subject: Re: vendor alert
>

> In one issue not long ago of "Cars and Parts" magazine, to which I seem to
> be the only subscriber :-) there was a fascinating article of how a real
> steering wheel outfit does it. (Note that this is a complete recreation of
> the wheel, as opposed to just patching the old one.)

So, how do they apply this technique when "recreating" a wood rim
steering wheel?

Which reminds me; I've mentioned this before, but for some of you newer
members of the list, I have an electronic copy of an article I
transcribed from the SHELBY AMERICAN (SAAC mag) on how to restore a
wood rim steering wheels.  I'd be happy to e-mail copies to interested
parties.

Getting back to the original subject, a number of months ago I recall
reading a letter to the editor of CLASSIC AUTO RESTORER (to which I
seem to be the only subscriber) from an irate reader complaining about
the the shoddy workmanship of a steering wheel restorer who advertised
in the magazine.  I can't remember the name of the outfit or it's
location but the letter sounded very similar to the one in Greg's post.
I'll look it up tonight.

Roland Dudley
cobra@hpcdcsn.cdc.hp.com