vendor alert

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: vendor alert
From: Greg Meythaler <Greg_Meythaler@ccm.hf.intel.com>
Date: Wed, 12 May 93 10:45:01 PST

At the Portland Triumph club meeting the other night a letter was
being circulated from a dis-satisfied customer of a texas business.
I've typed in a copy of the a Hemmings ad, and this gentlemans letter.

AD:
STEERING wheel restoration, plastic/bakelite only,
for most British/foreign sport cars, etc, can recondition
most cracks, splits, etc, if we have something to
work with, $100 & up, 100% satisfaction guaranteed;
UPS, COD. The Parts House, 214-414-6704; FAX:
214-414-6205, TX

Letter:

                                                April 14, 1993

TO ALL TRIUMPH CLUB MEMBERS:
        I write to you in regards to a Triumph parts vendor
who seems to take pride in the inter-state rip off of customers.

        In December 1992, I contacted Mr. Fabrizzi, of Fabrizzi
Parts House in Garland Texas, in regards to his ad in the
Hemmings Motor News. This contact was concerning the restoration
assured, by Mr. Fabrizzi, that his process was excellent and
satisfaction was guaranteed 100%. When the wheel was returned
to me, via UPS, I was not allowed to pay by check, as had been
agreed upon, but by CASH ONLY. At that point, I knew that I
was about to be had.

        Upon opening the box, I was totally horrified to find my
steering wheel covered with masking tape, putty, primer, and
a very small amount of black paint from a $.98 spray can. The
enclosed picture tells the horrid story. At once, I called
Mr. Fabrizzi and he quickly informed me that the quality of
the work was good and had been done by himself and not another
employee. Since I was not satisfied with the work, Mr. Fabrizzi
said that he would send me a refund immediately. Enclosed are
the copies of my telephone bills showing my many attempts at
trying to retrieve my $135.00. As of this date, I still have
not received my monies as stated in his ad of 100% satisfaction
guaranteed or your money back.

        I write to you in hopes of letting your membership know
how Fabrizzi Parts House does business. There should be NO
place in the hobbyist/restoration field for people like this
and only Triumph clubs, such as yours, can make sure they help
put them out of business.

        I thank you for letting me inform you of this matter and
and helping me inform your membership.

                                        Sincerely,

                                        Fred Thomas
                                        Stafford VA

Enclosed also were copies of his phone bill showing 15 calls to
Garland TX, and picture of a TR3 wheel with spots of primer and tape
all around the spokes.

 greg_meythaler@ccm.hf.intel.com