1948 Riley

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: 1948 Riley
From: Arlie Hart <ARHART@WSUHUB.UC.TWSU.EDU>
Date: Mon, 10 May 1993 10:23 CST
Good morning all!

I was reading today's newspaper here in the heart of the midwest
and what should I find but a blurb about a local eccentric who
is being forced to auction off a bunch of stuff in order to pay
the back taxes on her castle.  Really, it is a real castle.  Complete
with tower, etc.  Anyways, among the furniture, etc, she will be
selling a "1948 Riley Ford Touring Car".  That is how it is described
in the paper, anyways.  So.  If anyone is interested, I'll go take a
look, and can even scan in GIF files from a camcorder if you want a
look.  The auction is this coming Saturday, May 15, so this may be a
bit of a rush job.

Just out of curiosity, can anyone tell me anything about Riley's in
general, and what I should look for as I go to check it out.

Oh, by the way, this auction is happening here in Wichita, Kansas.

Thanks in advance!

Arlie Hart