Wonderful weekend

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Wonderful weekend
From: Tom.Mitchell@um.cc.umich.edu
Date: Tue, 4 May 93 12:12:54 EDT
What a fantaskic weekend for a British rally/swap meet. Maybe spring is here?
Richfield Ohio was the site, and only three hours away. I couldn't drive my
MG, cause it almost ready for patch panels (should be here friday) and my
AH is years away. Beside with a VAN we can bring back lots of parts.
So Dave, Dave and I (no I didn't studder) drove down. Hospitity night was
great, remeeting friends and making new one.
Sunday proved glorious! Dave found BN1 rear fenders in beautiful shape for
only $500.00 a pair. Yup, he bought them. And no he din't tell his wife yet.
I pickup a sunburn, parts for both the MG and Healey. The other Dave, is sitll
wishfull looking for a British car. There were 15 or so for sale, with over
125 cars on display, Jags, healeys, TVRs, MGs, Morgans, Lotus, a few I don't
know what they were. So in GREAT shape, some nice and a couple for sale that
needed restoration.
 I was supposed to be home at six and got home at 11pm...All in All a faboulous
glorious Day!!!!
   Can't wait unitl my car is on the road..
I completely sanded done what I thought was a car in great shape. well it is,
yet I found home make patch panels, with bondo rusting from inside on one side
and small rust on the drivers side. No really much, still it suprised me.
  Parts are ordered and hopefully by Sunday all welded in. I still may make
June 6, Spring picnic in Grand Rapids at John Twist's University
Motors...Last year we had over 125 MG at the spring and
over 500 at the Summer party in August.
Oh enough rambling, Hope everyone else had as nice a weekend.

  Tom Mitchell    MGB-GT     Austin Healey BJ8 3000 Mark III
  University of Michigan   Ann Arbor Mich.