Tilly the TR6

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Tilly the TR6
From: Berry Kercheval <kerch@parc.xerox.com>
Date: Mon, 3 May 1993 10:42:52 PDT
This sounds like what happened to Sybil, my TR-6.  She would run fine
for a while and then suddenly lose power, run on 3 cylinders, cough,
run a bit and die.  It turned out to be the rubber fuel lines.  In the
latest incarnation of this problem, she would run fine until the fuel
filter filled up, whereupon it would get heavy, sink down a bit and
kink the fuel line.  I would pull over, look, poke this and that,
maybe change fuel filters from the case in my trunk, and it would be
fine again (because the fuel had drained out of the filter.)  A few
miles later, errrrr-pht-pht-koff.

$0.98 worth of neoprene fuel line fixed the problem.  Do *ALL* the
bits at once, it's not hard and the stuff is cheap enough you really
want to do it while you're wearing grubby clothes, not when you're in
your dress whites and late to an important meeting...

  --berry

From  rwg1@postoffice.mail.cornell.edu Tue Sep 11 11:32:56 2001