LBC Rentals

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: LBC Rentals
From: dombey@plato.ds.boeing.com (John R Dombey)
Date: Mon, 3 May 93 08:50:31 PDT
Dan Parslow inquired about renting an lbc 'over there'.  I've read a bit
about the subject in the past, and as I recall, it is not uncommon for
the consumer to get screwed in the transaction.  Often, a reservation
made in the US, never gets relayed to the appropriate European agency,
who then baulk  when the customer expects an extra good rate.  The
suggestion was to get confirmation numbers, the name of the agent taking
the reservation, and if possible, confirm several times before leaving
both locally and overseas - and keep records!  I can do more digging into
my magazine collection if you'd like, but I think that's the gist of it.
As far as agencies go,  the one that sticks in my mind is an outfit called
Wykenhams (I think), which is the _only_ place in the world which rents
Morgans!  They advertise in Thouroughbred & Classic Cars.  They also rent
other goodies, but the Moggies stuck in my mind.  Several other agencies
advertise in T & C C as well.

Hope this helps out some...

John

> If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the precipitate.

I'd never thought of it like that before...