Kinda unbelievable behaviour, well sorta...

To: british-cars@hoosier.cs.utah.edu
Subject: Kinda unbelievable behaviour, well sorta...
From: zrol01@trc.amoco.com (Richard O. Lindsay)
Date: Tue, 8 Dec 92 10:24:49 CST
As one of the SOLers who started this run on "LBCs
for everyday use", I think my loyalty may be misrepresented.

I drive an XJ-S and it is MY only means of transportation.
It is a daily driver that gives no problems short of the
usual kind for an 8 year old car.  I put a battery in it last
evening.  The original one gave up after 8 years.  It was
in the 20's (F) yesterday and the ole' bugger just gave up.
This is the ONLY time the XJ-S has failed me - and
one couldn't possibly blame Coventry for that problem.

My XJ6L stranded me for about 15 minutes on day until I
winced, switched to the right fuel tank, started it up and
went on my merry way.  Other than those two occasions, I
have not been stranded by a Jaguar - including the entire
Jag stable ('84 XJ-S, '76 XJ-S, '76 XJ6L and '66 3.8s) that
I have owned over the last 2.5 years.  Be not ye fooled,
this is probably just incredibly good luck.

My wife drives the Chevy...

Well, in case there are still any SOLers who still doubt
my conviction, I BELIEVE!

Rick
     Richard O. Lindsay        /     __  __      __  __
  Senior Research Scientist   /   / /_/ /_  / / /_/ /_/
   And Avid LBC Believer!    /   / / / /_/ /_/ / / / \
  Amoco Production Research / /_/
                           /
My opinions are my own, untill they're worth something, at
which point they become the property of my employer...