Re: Range Rover questions

To: british-cars@hoosier.cs.utah.edu
Subject: Re: Range Rover questions
From: phile@pwcs.stpaul.gov (Philip J Ethier)
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 92 8:54:09 CST
john-boggs@uiowa.edu writes >

>There is a very reliable parts source
>in Tucson, Arizona.  It's called Rovers West

The only listing I have that looks like that is
---------------
Rovers North
RTE 128, Westford, VT 05494
(802) 879-0032
Source of FACTORY Land Rover parts & some aftermarket parts as well. Highly
recommended for consistant high quality parts at reasonable prices.
Though by purchasing from Rover the prices may be higher then from OEM
sources.
---------------

>one time I drove into the yard of a Rover parts shop in
>Rochester, NY, in my 1970 3500S, and the owner came out, looked at it,
>and said, "What's that, a Saab?  I don't do Saabs."

I had a 1966 2000TC, which looks just like a 1970 3500S.  This was the look of
Rovers for many years.  What kind of cars DID this idiot deal with?

I had a lot of SAABs, but they were all V4s or three-bangers.  Looked nothing
like a 3500S.  I guess the straight-4 types like the 99 might look a bit like a
Rover, but I wouldn't want one.

Phil Ethier, THE RIGHT LINE, 672 Orleans Street, Saint Paul, MN   55107-2676
h (612) 224-3105  w (612) 298-5324     phile@pwcs.stpaul.gov
"The workingman's GT-40" - Anthony Colin Bruce Chapman