Arnolt-Bristol stuff

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Arnolt-Bristol stuff
From: "S.K. Whiteman" <WHITEMAN%IPFWVM.bitnet@UICVM.UIC.EDU>
Date: Fri, 06 Nov 92 12:47:21 EST
>From: xgg2356@dcmdc.dla.mil (James Fuerstenberg)
>Tom Mittler of Mishawaka, Ind vintage races on in SVRA and other events, is
>is Blue, with Bill the Cat strapped to the roll bar.
         I have a picture of this car taken in 1988 and published in
         The Great Book of Sports Cars by D. Batchelor, C. Poole, and
         G. Robson, 1988, ISBN 0-517-63377-9 page 54. At that time it was
         white with a dark blue stripe (US colors?). I have often wondered
         who owned it. In the picture the car has an Indiana license plate
         from county 71 which is St. Joseph county which is the South
         Bend-Mishawaka area. It has the original Bristol 2 liter engine.
>I believe their value is between 50-100,000, but deflation in the car market
>may have dropped that figure.
         The last one I saw for sale in Hemmings was a '53 for $25,000;
         even though I suspect that the value is a matter for some
         debate, and to a large degree in the eye of the beholder. I think
         I would be right in saying that the A-B isn't a land-mark
         design of automotive excellence and as a collector object doesn't
         have what it takes to be highly prized catch; it will never be
         another D-Jag. But I want one just because......

>From: Roland Dudley <cobra@cdc.hp.com>
>The AC Owners Club (ACOC) might be a good reference/source of
         I hadn't made the connection between the AC and the A-B; great
         another source of info....

>Garry Archer Esq. archer@hsi.com
>Hope this helps to clarify any confusion.
         It does.....
                                       Motor gently through the grease/mud
       |         /      MI             for there awaits the skid demon
         \_____/                   |          IBM Systems Programmer
Chicago/ |                     *   |  O       Indiana University -
    I    |               Ft. Wayne |  H       Purdue University at Fort Wayne
    L    |               1794-1994 |          Fort Wayne, Indiana USA