Re: Your MGB Troubles

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Your MGB Troubles
From: "Jerry Kaidor" <jerry_kaidor@engtwomac.synoptics.com>
Date: 27 Oct 92 09:50:04 U
   RE>Your MGB Troubles
Scott Turner writes:

 But in theory at least you can fill up the
overflow tank and see if you are getting air bubbles coming out of the
radiator.  Auto shops have a gadget to do this automatically.

**** Another technique is to hook up an air line from your compressor to the
sparkplug hole.  Make sure the piston is on the compression stroke.  Then
listen.  If you hear bubbles from the radiator, you have
a leak.

    Auto-parts stores sell the airline-to-sparkplug-hole adaptors.  They are
used to hold the valves up in the head while changing valve springs.

    I found this technique quite by accident:  I was changing the Clankster's
valve springs, holding the valves up with the air compressor, when I heard this
"glub-blub-blub" sound from the radiator. :-)

        - Jerry Kaidor