Detroit-SLC-Detroit

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Detroit-SLC-Detroit
From: William Hartwell Woodruff <woodruff@engin.umich.edu>
Date: Tue, 27 Oct 92 11:04:44 -0500
        Well, I made it back home.  Roughly 3400 miles of driving
in three days.  Thanks to all involved with the trip, Esp. Jean for
letting us take a shower.  I'm sorry I didn't get to see Mike B. but
we drove through Omaha in the middle of the night both ways.
        Now the good stuuf begins!  I have two projects this winter
rebuild the Healey and put the spitfire body shell on the GT6 frame.
Life is really tough( :-) )  IO guess I should offer my spare parts
to the list.  I have a rolling spitfire frame with no rust whatsoever
on it, a rebuilt 1500 engine, rebuilt spitfire gearbox, extra phase II
rear end for a healey, and an extraconvertible frame (big healey).  I
need a front shroud for the healey, a GT6 trans w/ overdrive, and a
spitfire convertible top.  I guess I have a fair amount of GT6 stuff
availible too.  Mostyl body parts and the like (gas tank,rear hatch
etc. etc.)  I'll take trades or reasonable offers.  I don't know what
the stuff is worth exactly, just make an offer.  I have ~ 300 bucks
in the engine and ~200 in the transmisision which I would like to
recover at the very least.  they both have about 500 miles on them since
rebuild and they work well (the engine has high compression pistons
)  Oh, I have an extra  tr6 block and head too.

woodruff@caen.engin.umich.edu

P.S.  special thanks to mjb for helping us load the trailer at 3:00 am!