Re: Freeing stuck A-Arm bushings

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Freeing stuck A-Arm bushings
From: "Andrew C. Green" <acg@hermes.dlogics.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Oct 1992 09:56:47 CDT
Dopn Mathis ( :-) (tdm@akguc.att.com) writes:
>      If you want to cut the bolts, a Dremel tool with the 1" dia. abrasive
> discs does a great job of cutting through. The oly problem is if you
> can get the Dremel into a tight place.

If it won't fit, let me suggest another possibility (assuming you don't plan
to save the fastener): Get a power drill bit on the bolt, using an extension
if necessary, and drill a hole through it. Repeat drilling the hole with pro-
gressively larger drill bits until the size of the hole exceeds the size of
the bolt. ;-)

I use this procedure on shock absorber top mounts, and I've found that by
drilling the top mounting nut into oblivion, the old shock can be removed
without inflicting major trauma on the surrounding hardware. Perhaps this
method may work on your problem, too...?

Andrew C. Green
Datalogics, Inc.      Internet: acg@dlogics.com
441 W. Huron          UUCP: ..!uunet!dlogics!acg
Chicago, IL  60610    FAX: (312) 266-4473