Freeing stuck A-Arm bushings

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Freeing stuck A-Arm bushings
From: Mark_Banaszak-Holl@brown.edu
Date: Mon, 19 Oct 92 07:52:57 -0400
Are you still trying to get your A-arms free, or did the weekend provide
opportunity for brute force?  I've had to deal with this problem more often
then I care to remember, but I'm not sure from your note exactly what
the problem is.  You say you've burned out the bushings (a good move),
but I take it that the metal of the bushing seems fused by rust to the
bolt.
I'm a little perplexed why this is so hard to break since you should be
able
to get good leverage on the end of the bolt, especially since the big
locating washer on the end is amenable to being forced back a good
1/2" with a combination of screwdrivers and/or chisels.  But, I suspect
I'm didn't quite understand you current dilemma.  If you give me better
detail I'll try to give you more specific suggestions.

Mark M. Banaszak Holl
Brown University